Super September cycling holidays here in France!
What amazing September cycling holidays we have had here in France. We ran three Loire Valley Discovery Tours with guests cycling in absolutely glorious September conditions. Fresh cool mornings were followed by fantastic sunny days and warm evenings; warm enough to still eat outside.
Popular September Cycling
Once again, we welcomed guests from Australia, South Africa and the USA – attracted to our centre based approach to cycling holidays. Usually half way through a European Tour, we make a great place for our guests to unpack for the week, sort out the laundry, catch up on e-mails and still see amazing sights on our daily cycle routes through the Loire. The September cycling holidays have always proved popular and these cycling tours had been fully booked since January.
Without doubt every guest was surprised at:
- The considerate way motorists in France treated them as cyclists
- The amazing number of quiet and well paved roads they were able to explore
- How extensive the marked cycle ways are here
- How so many historic places of interest are crammed into such close proximity
- The diversity of the countryside – forests, vineyards, market gardens, arable and livestock farmland
- The kilometers they managed to cover each day (without really noticing!)
Living and cycling here in France throughout the year we start to take all this for granted, so it’s good to be reminded of what is so special in our part of the Loire Valley.
The 2015 Cycling Holiday Season
We are already taking bookings for the 2015 Cycling Holiday season and the Loire Valley Discovery Tour will no doubt be as popular as ever. We’ll be updating the cycle routes and building in even more flexibility into the rides. We keep finding new things to see along the Loire and there are always new restaurants opening that are worth pointing out to guests as lunch spots.
We can only hope that our September cycling holidays in 2015 benefit from the same amazing French weather!