France Cycling Holidays – Five reasons not to be nervous!
You’ve been researching cycling holidays in France, but you’re nervous about cycling with others and only consider yourself a novice cyclist? Well don’t be!
If you feel like this we can give you five great reasons why you should join us on our Loire Valley Discovery Cycling Holiday here in France.
- The Loire Valley offers easy cycling terrain with traffic free roads – in fact some of the best cycle touring in France. Even better, we’ve planned all our routes to avoid the hills yet still take you past breathtaking Loire Chateau, vineyards and white stoned medieval hamlets and towns.
- On our french cycling holiday you don’t have to cycle a set distance each day just to make your next hotel. In fact, because we are centre based and our home is your home for the week – if you want a day by the pool – then why not!
- We don’t just give you your bike at the beginning of the week and leave you to it. You’re supported throughout the week while you ride. If you get into major problems we can come out and provide assistance, we provide end of day pickups in our people carrier, every evening over dinner we discuss the routes and the best things to see and we constantly tune your bike to make sure you are enjoying your cycling.
- There’s no pressure to cycle with other guests – our routes are self-guided and self-paced so you please yourself. Over the week, guests become friends and some people begin cycling together as they find their pace is similar and realise that talking while you cycle is half the fun!
- Age is no barrier! Don’t imagine that a french cycling holiday is the preserve of fitness fanatics clad in lycra and powering around the lanes on racing bikes. Quite the opposite! Our guests are often semi or fully retired and enjoy cycling as a social fitness activity that provides a great way to see the sights. Coffee stops are more important than tackling the next mountain!
About the author: Jon Lethbridge (email@example.com) has lived in the Loire Valley for 6 years. Originally from the UK, Jon and his wife Alison have set up a number of tourism businesses making the most of this fantastic part of France. www.loirelifecycling.com